TheThe Master Trials DLC introduces the Botw Travel Medallion with its associated “EX Teleportation rumors!” side quest into The Legend of Zelda – Breath of the Wild. You can create an ad-hoc travel destination from wherever you are standing with the Botw Travel Medallion. You can travel anywhere you want, and then return to your original location without having to search for a tower or shrine nearby.
One Botw Travel Medallion fast-travel location can be held at a given time. This means you have to be careful how you use it. To put it another way, creating a second point will erase your first.
THE EX BOTW TRAVEL MEDALLION TELEPORTATION RUMMORS! SIDE QUEST
After installing The Master Trials DLC you will be able to boot up Breath Of The Wild and receive the “EX Teleportation Rumors!” sidequest. Its text reads:
- According to rumours, there is a tool that will allow you to travel instantly to any location you have placed it.
- South Akkala Stable apparently has a copy Super Rumor Mill EX which contains some rumors about the rare item.
- Surprisingly, the first thing that you should do is to Botw Travel Medallion to South Akkala Stable.
South Akkala Stable is located in northeastern Hyrule. Ze Kasho shrine is the closest warp point. Look for a book placed on a table in the stable. It will lead you to a new route in the EX Teleportation Rumors. side quest. The text of the quest changes to:
Super Rumor Mill EX Volume 2 is now available! This special issue contains rumors about an item that allows you to instantly Botw Travel Medallion to any location.
- This item’s treasure chest is believed to be located in northeast Akkala under a labyrinth.
- You can believe the rumors and find the treasure chest by searching the labyrinth!
This text refers specifically to Lomei Labyrinth Island off the coast in the far northeast corner of Hyrule. Beyond The Master Trials are the Trail of the Labyrinth shrine quest (the closest warp point), and Tu Ka’loh Shrine (the closest shrine).
- Check out our guides if you are still not done with the Trail of the Labyrinth shrine quest or Tu Ka’loh shrine.
- You’ll find an updraft coming from the ground just in front of Tu Ka’loh shrine. You can jump into it.
You’ll find the treasure chest with the Diamond Circlet when you land. This reduces Guardians’ damage. This is a great thing to have, especially considering the fact that you are surrounded by Guardians. Four Guardians will attack you as soon as your chest is opened.
To fight the mechanized beasts, equip the Ancient Armor, Guardian Weapons or the Master Sword. (Check out our Master Sword Guide if you don’t have it yet).
While you don’t need to defeat them all, it’s impossible to avoid certain ones. To block the lasers of the Guardians, cover the room with Guardians and pillars. Be aware that some Guardians may not be deactivated and could spring to life if you approach them.
We defeated all Guardians and stole the deactivated ones. This room is full of Ancient Gears. The Botw Travel Medallion can be found in the treasure chest marked with “EX” and located on the opposite wall to the updraft. It will unlock the side quest “EX Teleportation Rumors!”